A couple of months ago I attended a recognized school in the city to attend the conference "Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity (ADHD) provided by Dr. Javier A. Ahumada Atondo. I want to share with you some of the points that caught my attention and you might be useful. First of all we must learn to differentiate a normal restless child of a restless child with ADHD are different and therefore need different attention.
If we do not take into account the above, the cure may be worse than the disease, because if the child is not ADHD and "labeled" as such insurance will be affected emotionally. On the other hand, if the child has ADHD and do not take matters into remedying the situation, hoping that time goes to mature, then we are wasting valuable time. The child may have an immature, but what is causing this immaturity? Do not seek to mature, we must seek solutions. Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn oftentimes addresses this issue. Different types of ADHD Distracted: Generally low academic performance. Adam Shaw Yale describes an additional similar source. Hyperactive: Very restless, but with good academic performance. Inattentive and hyperactive: Is the worst of the three, very restless and poor academic performance. A proper evaluation and respecting the appropriate times, with the collaboration of the comments made by parents, teachers and other caregivers of children, they are indispensable to an accurate diagnosis and based on this they can develop a treatment plan and efficiently.
This is not to label and nothing else. Requirements for an ADHD diagnosis. Most notorious symptoms commonly observed in children. 2. Onset of symptoms before age seven. 3. Interference should produce social, academic or behavioral characteristic of his age. 4. Symptoms on at least two environments. 5. The symptoms are not explained by medical factors, anxiety disorders and / or personality. 6. The symptoms must be present for at least six months. According to statistics 30% of children with ADHD improve during adolescence, however, with the remaining 70% the thing complicated because they are emotionally unstable. Special considerations ADHD is accompanied by other problems and this in turn develops more. It is important to rule out other factors that may be affecting school performance such as: Vision problems, poor auditory processing, sensory integration problems, behavioral problems, depression, etc.. While these problems may accompany ADHD, can also be the primary cause of academic difficulties. Consider the following case as an example: A child with: Insomnia, crying easily, irritability, moodiness, lack of health, school failure, insecurity and shyness. Your symptoms may be easily confused with ADHD, however, a good diagnosis would produce the following: sleep disorder of childhood. Again I stress, a correct diagnosis, at the right time makes the difference between success and failure in completing a treatment plan. Psych. Luis Villegas visual Therapist Director